CMO`s murder: Two Uttar Pradesh ministers resign
Lucknow: Two Uttar Pradesh ministers stepped down Thursday as a fallout of the murder of a senior medical officer, Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekar Singh announced here.
Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and Health Minister Ananth Kumar Mishra have sent their resignations to Chief Minister Mayawati, he said.
Sources, however, claim that the two were asked to quit after the April 2 gunning down of Chief Medical Officer (CMO) BP Singh in broad daylight.
Another CMO had been shot dead under similar circumstances two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal