CMO`s murder: Two Uttar Pradesh ministers resign
Lucknow: Two Uttar Pradesh ministers stepped down Thursday as a fallout of the murder of a senior medical officer, Cabinet Secretary Shashank Shekar Singh announced here.
Family Welfare Minister Babu Singh Kushwaha and Health Minister Ananth Kumar Mishra have sent their resignations to Chief Minister Mayawati, he said.
Sources, however, claim that the two were asked to quit after the April 2 gunning down of Chief Medical Officer (CMO) BP Singh in broad daylight.
Another CMO had been shot dead under similar circumstances two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- REVEALED: 'Be progressive, not obstructionist' - Here's why Supreme Court slammed Arvind Kejriwal government
- Prakash Javadekar rewrites history! Watch video to know what he said about Netaji, Nehru and Patel
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP state core group workshop
- Ind-Ra upticks GDP forecast to 7.8%; growth on but not speedy
- Statue of Chandra Shekhar Azad vandalised in Haryana