Coaching institute owner shot dead in Kanpur
Kanpur: A coaching institute owner was shot dead by three unidentified men over a suspected old rivalry, police said on Saturday.
Mohammad Haroon, owner of a coaching institute, was fired upon last night by three men wearing helmets outside the building of Krishnadham apartments here, Deputy Inspector General Amitabh Yash said.
"Haaron got hit by three bullets on his head and one on his chest. His driver rushed him to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead," he added.
An old dispute over money is being suspected to be the reason behind the murder.
In another incident, a wife of railway TTE was found murdered in her apartment on Friday.
Body of Beena (52), wife of TTE Shivanand Srivastava, was found by her daughter after the latter returned back home from her tuitions.
Beena`s body was found on the bed with a plastic rope around her bleeding neck, police said, adding that it seemed a case of burglary since the almirahs were found ransacked.
"Police have sent both the bodies for postmortem and have initiated the investigations. Few people have already been taken into custody in this regard," DIG Yash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?