Coin shortage leads to traffic jam at DND flyway
Noida: Traffic snarls were seen at DND toll
plaza here with commuters stranding at the gates due to
shortage of change after the hike in toll rates for some
categories of vehicles become effective from Wednesday.
Toll prices increased from Rs 10 to Rs 11 for two
wheelers and Rs 20 to Rs 22 for cars. Due to shortage of coins
queues over a kilometer-long were formed on both Noida and
To ease the problem, the Noida Toll Bridge Company
Limited (NTBCL), responsible for operating the Flyway, has
introduced coupons of Rs 55 for two wheelers and Rs 110 for
cars for five trips.
Instead of paying the toll daily, commuters also have an
option of buying silver and gold cards - a system under which
by paying an extra fee, commuters can pass through the toll
booth without halting.
"I am a regular commuter and preferred daily payment till
now. Today, I am buying a monthly gold card," Dhiraj Sharma
Change has been arranged for those who do not want to buy
coupons and it is hoped that traffic will move smoothly in the
next few days as more people go for the other options, an
NTBCL official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister