Cold claims 15 more lives in UP, death toll rises to 107
Lucknow: 15 more persons lost their lives due to persistent cold wave conditions in Uttar Pradesh, taking the death toll in the state this winter to 107.
Officials said four people died in Muzaffarnagar, three in Mathura, two each in Agra, Bulandshahr, Etah and one each in Barabanki and Mirzapur.
Maximum temperatures were below normal by 4 to 10 degrees in some parts of western UP, Met office sources here, adding that weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures were markedly below normal in Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, appreciably below normal in Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Bareilly divisions and below normal in Kanpur division.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 0.6 degrees Celsius recorded at Muzaffarnagar.
Sources said weather would be mainly dry over the state. Fog or dense fog would occur over many parts of west UP and may extend over east UP.
Ground frost would occur in isolated parts of West UP during next two nights, they said, adding that very dense fog (visibility 50 M or less) would occur over some parts of west UP during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre