Cold claims 15 more lives in UP, death toll rises to 107
Lucknow: 15 more persons lost their lives due to persistent cold wave conditions in Uttar Pradesh, taking the death toll in the state this winter to 107.
Officials said four people died in Muzaffarnagar, three in Mathura, two each in Agra, Bulandshahr, Etah and one each in Barabanki and Mirzapur.
Maximum temperatures were below normal by 4 to 10 degrees in some parts of western UP, Met office sources here, adding that weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures were markedly below normal in Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, appreciably below normal in Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Bareilly divisions and below normal in Kanpur division.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 0.6 degrees Celsius recorded at Muzaffarnagar.
Sources said weather would be mainly dry over the state. Fog or dense fog would occur over many parts of west UP and may extend over east UP.
Ground frost would occur in isolated parts of West UP during next two nights, they said, adding that very dense fog (visibility 50 M or less) would occur over some parts of west UP during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price