Cold claims 15 more lives in UP, death toll rises to 107
Lucknow: 15 more persons lost their lives due to persistent cold wave conditions in Uttar Pradesh, taking the death toll in the state this winter to 107.
Officials said four people died in Muzaffarnagar, three in Mathura, two each in Agra, Bulandshahr, Etah and one each in Barabanki and Mirzapur.
Maximum temperatures were below normal by 4 to 10 degrees in some parts of western UP, Met office sources here, adding that weather was mainly dry over the state.
Night temperatures were markedly below normal in Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, appreciably below normal in Gorakhpur, Lucknow, Bareilly divisions and below normal in Kanpur division.
Lowest minimum temperature in the state was 0.6 degrees Celsius recorded at Muzaffarnagar.
Sources said weather would be mainly dry over the state. Fog or dense fog would occur over many parts of west UP and may extend over east UP.
Ground frost would occur in isolated parts of West UP during next two nights, they said, adding that very dense fog (visibility 50 M or less) would occur over some parts of west UP during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI