Cold claims five more lives in UP
Lucknow: Five people lost their lives due to the continuing cold wave in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours, taking the toll this winter to 254.
Three people were reported dead in Barabanki district and two in Jaunpur.
Met office sources said the maximum temperatures were below normal by 5 to 10 degrees Celsius at "one or two" places in the state.
Cold wave conditions prevailed over some parts of UP.
Night temperatures were recorded below normal in Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Allahabad, Faizabad, Moradabad, Lucknow, Bareilly and Meerut divisions, while normal temperatures were recorded in the remaining divisions.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was -0.5 degrees Celsius, recorded at Najibabad (Bijnore).
Weather would be mainly dry and shallow fog would prevail over a few places in the state, the sources said.
Ground frost would occur at isolated places during the next two nights, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL