Cold claims five more lives in UP
Lucknow: Five people lost their lives due to the continuing cold wave in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours, taking the toll this winter to 254.
Three people were reported dead in Barabanki district and two in Jaunpur.
Met office sources said the maximum temperatures were below normal by 5 to 10 degrees Celsius at "one or two" places in the state.
Cold wave conditions prevailed over some parts of UP.
Night temperatures were recorded below normal in Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Allahabad, Faizabad, Moradabad, Lucknow, Bareilly and Meerut divisions, while normal temperatures were recorded in the remaining divisions.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was -0.5 degrees Celsius, recorded at Najibabad (Bijnore).
Weather would be mainly dry and shallow fog would prevail over a few places in the state, the sources said.
Ground frost would occur at isolated places during the next two nights, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- Barack Obama confirms death of Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour, says chance for peace
- After buyout, this company will be world`s biggest agricultural supplier
- Material that can help develop new computing technologies developed!
- In this spectacular temple complex, you will find a hall with ‘thousand’ pillars!