Cold claims five more lives in UP
Lucknow: Five people lost their lives due to the continuing cold wave in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours, taking the toll this winter to 254.
Three people were reported dead in Barabanki district and two in Jaunpur.
Met office sources said the maximum temperatures were below normal by 5 to 10 degrees Celsius at "one or two" places in the state.
Cold wave conditions prevailed over some parts of UP.
Night temperatures were recorded below normal in Kanpur, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Allahabad, Faizabad, Moradabad, Lucknow, Bareilly and Meerut divisions, while normal temperatures were recorded in the remaining divisions.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was -0.5 degrees Celsius, recorded at Najibabad (Bijnore).
Weather would be mainly dry and shallow fog would prevail over a few places in the state, the sources said.
Ground frost would occur at isolated places during the next two nights, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31