Cold claims seven more lives in UP, toll 69
Lucknow: Severe cold wave claimed seven more lives in Uttar Pradesh taking the toll this winter to 69.
Two people lost their lives in Barabanki, one each in Gonda, Deoria, Ballia, Banda, and Hamirpur districts.
According to Met office, maximum temperature continued to be below normal by 6 to 11 degrees Celsius in parts of the state.
The lowest minimum temperature in the state was 0.7 degree Celsius at Lucknow airport.
Sources forecast that weather would be mainly dry with foggy conditions in eastern UP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire