Cold wave continues in UP, Najibabad coldest at 1.8 degrees
Lucknow: Mercury continues its downward slide in Uttar Pradesh with Najibabad recording the lowest night temperature of the season at 1.8 degrees Celsius.
On Tuesday night, the minimum temperature in the state was in Najibabad at 3.5 degrees Celsius while last night, it further dropped to 1.8 degrees, the MeT office here said.
They said that night temperatures fell appreciably in Gorakhpur and Faizabad divisions and changed a little in the remaining divisions of the state.
Mercury was appreciably below normal in Faizabad, Lucknow, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, below normal in Gorakhpur and was normal in the remaining divisions of the state.
Weathermen have forecast that weather would remain mainly dry in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery