Cold wave intensifies in UP; 3 die
Lucknow: The cold tightened its grip on Uttar Pradesh, with three deaths, including of two children, in cold-related incidents reported from Barabanki district, even as the weather remained dry and fog occurred at a few places.
Hariprasad (45) of Andgau village, Neeraj (7) of Daulatpur village and six-year-old daughter of Durgesh Sharma of Diyanatnagar village died in the past 24 hours in Barabanki, a report reaching here said.
Hariprasad caught cold when he had gone out to relieve himself in the wee hours, while the minor children got diarrhoea and vomiting, before succumbing, the report said.
The weather remained dry and fog occurred at few places over the state, MeT department said.
Night temperatures largely fell in Agra, markedly fell in Meerut, appreciably fell in Moradabad and Bareilly and fell in Lucknow division, the MeT said.
Minimum temperature in the state at 4.7 degree Celsius was recorded at Agra.
The MeT forecast that moderate to dense fog would occur at a few places over the state during the morning hours.
It warned that cold wave conditions and frost would occur at isolated places over western UP during the next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scientists develop space boot to avert astronauts from tripping over
- Baby care during monsoon: Tips to get rid of prickly heat rash in babies!
- Blake Lively feels 'Gossip Girl' reunion will be fun
- England vs Pakistan: Trevor Bayliss keen on hiring Saqlain Mushtaq as bowling consultant
- WATCH: EPIC! Here's who won after The Great Khali and Kane traded brutal chair shots