Cold wave intensifies in UP
Lucknow: Cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Friday as minimum temperature dipped at several places in the state disrupting normal life.
Najibabad (Bijnore) remained the coldest place in the state at 2.4 degrees Celsius, followed by Kanpur city, which recorded the minimum temperature at 3.5 degree Celsius, each 5 degrees below normal.
Clouds hovered over Lucknow, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees Celsius, 3 deg below normal, they said adding that maximum temperature also dipped in several districts.
Moradabad which recorded the maximum temperature at 13.8 degree Celsius was seven degrees below normal and Orai with 15.6 degrees Celsius was six degrees below normal.
They said that night temperatures were appreciably below normal in Kanpur, Lucknow division and below normal in Gorakhpur, Moradabad divisions.
The MeT office has predicted rain or thundershowers at isolated places in western Uttar Pradesh while weather would be mainly dry in eastern Uttar Pradesh. Fog would occur at a few places over eastern Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?