Cold wave intensifies in UP
Lucknow: Cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Friday as minimum temperature dipped at several places in the state disrupting normal life.
Najibabad (Bijnore) remained the coldest place in the state at 2.4 degrees Celsius, followed by Kanpur city, which recorded the minimum temperature at 3.5 degree Celsius, each 5 degrees below normal.
Clouds hovered over Lucknow, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees Celsius, 3 deg below normal, they said adding that maximum temperature also dipped in several districts.
Moradabad which recorded the maximum temperature at 13.8 degree Celsius was seven degrees below normal and Orai with 15.6 degrees Celsius was six degrees below normal.
They said that night temperatures were appreciably below normal in Kanpur, Lucknow division and below normal in Gorakhpur, Moradabad divisions.
The MeT office has predicted rain or thundershowers at isolated places in western Uttar Pradesh while weather would be mainly dry in eastern Uttar Pradesh. Fog would occur at a few places over eastern Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users