Cold wave intensifies in UP
Lucknow: Cold wave intensified in Uttar Pradesh on Friday as minimum temperature dipped at several places in the state disrupting normal life.
Najibabad (Bijnore) remained the coldest place in the state at 2.4 degrees Celsius, followed by Kanpur city, which recorded the minimum temperature at 3.5 degree Celsius, each 5 degrees below normal.
Clouds hovered over Lucknow, which recorded a minimum temperature of 5 degrees Celsius, 3 deg below normal, they said adding that maximum temperature also dipped in several districts.
Moradabad which recorded the maximum temperature at 13.8 degree Celsius was seven degrees below normal and Orai with 15.6 degrees Celsius was six degrees below normal.
They said that night temperatures were appreciably below normal in Kanpur, Lucknow division and below normal in Gorakhpur, Moradabad divisions.
The MeT office has predicted rain or thundershowers at isolated places in western Uttar Pradesh while weather would be mainly dry in eastern Uttar Pradesh. Fog would occur at a few places over eastern Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note