Cold wave kills 11 more persons in UP; toll 462
Lucknow: Cold wave claimed at least 11 more
lives overnight in Uttar Pradesh, taking the death toll this
season to 462, as winter chill continued to grip most parts of
While three persons each were killed in cold related
incidents in Gorakhpur and Jaunpur, two deaths were reported
from Farukkhabad and one death each from Lucknow, Basti and
Gonda, officials said.
Najibabad, which recorded a minimum temperature of 3.8
deg C, was the coldest place in the state, followed by
Sultanpur, where mercury level dipped to 4.3 deg C, five
notches below normal, Met department officials said here.
While maximum day temperature in Bahraich was 14.5 degree
Celsius, eight degree below normal, Lucknow recorded a high of
19.1 deg C, four notches below normal, they said.
Bareilly and Gorakhpur recorded a maximum temperature of
11 and 12.4 degree C respectively -- both 11 degrees below
Allahabad, Varanasi and Agra settled at a maximum of
14.3, 13, and 18.8 degree C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'