Cold wave kills 11 more persons in UP; toll 462
Lucknow: Cold wave claimed at least 11 more
lives overnight in Uttar Pradesh, taking the death toll this
season to 462, as winter chill continued to grip most parts of
While three persons each were killed in cold related
incidents in Gorakhpur and Jaunpur, two deaths were reported
from Farukkhabad and one death each from Lucknow, Basti and
Gonda, officials said.
Najibabad, which recorded a minimum temperature of 3.8
deg C, was the coldest place in the state, followed by
Sultanpur, where mercury level dipped to 4.3 deg C, five
notches below normal, Met department officials said here.
While maximum day temperature in Bahraich was 14.5 degree
Celsius, eight degree below normal, Lucknow recorded a high of
19.1 deg C, four notches below normal, they said.
Bareilly and Gorakhpur recorded a maximum temperature of
11 and 12.4 degree C respectively -- both 11 degrees below
Allahabad, Varanasi and Agra settled at a maximum of
14.3, 13, and 18.8 degree C respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note