Cold waves kill 12 more in UP, toll rises to 47
Lucknow: Cold wave conditions in UP today
claimed 12 more lives, taking the toll to 47 this season, with
mercury dipping sharply at a number of places in the state.
While three persons died in Barabanki, seven deaths were
reported from Pratapgarh and one each from Jaunpur and Deoria,
officials here said.
Lucknow, which witnessed a heavy fog cover throughout the
day, recorded a minimum temperature of 4.6 degree Celsius,
which was two degree below normal.
In the wake of the biting cold, all schools and colleges
up to intermediate in the state capital have been closed till
January 8, district inspector of schools Ganesh Kumar said.
Churk at a minimum temperature of 2.6 deg C was the
coldest place in the state, followed by Sultanpur which
recorded a low of 3 deg C.
Kanpur too shivered at 3.5 deg C, which was five degree
below normal and Banda recorded a minimum of 3.4 deg C, six
notches below normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown