College principal threatens to immolate self in UP
Kanpur: A college principal, while addressing a seminar chaired by Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal, on Sunday claimed that she would immolate herself if an action was not taken against a private nursing home where her mother died due to alleged negligence of medical staff.
Meeta Jamal, principal of the DG Girls college here, while delivering vote of thanks from the dais, threatened to kill herself if she would not get justice from district authorities.
She said that her 78-year-old mother died on September 28 in a private nursing home due to the alleged negligence by doctors and medical staff.
Despite repeated requests made to the state government and district authorities, no action has been taken so far, Jamal said.
Jaiswal, however, refused to comment on the issue.
On being asked about the charges levelled by IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, he said that the Congress leader has returned to the country and would reply himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Tour de France 2016: After third title, Chris Froome focuses on Rio Olympics 2016
- Vijay Mallya's 8 luxury cars to be auctioned today
- Journalists visa row: There'll be 'serious consequences', China warns India
- Protests over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew in south Kashmir to prevent separatist called march
- Bernie Sanders to emphasise agreements with Hillary Clinton at National Convention