College principal threatens to immolate self in UP
Kanpur: A college principal, while addressing a seminar chaired by Union Minister Sriprakash Jaiswal, on Sunday claimed that she would immolate herself if an action was not taken against a private nursing home where her mother died due to alleged negligence of medical staff.
Meeta Jamal, principal of the DG Girls college here, while delivering vote of thanks from the dais, threatened to kill herself if she would not get justice from district authorities.
She said that her 78-year-old mother died on September 28 in a private nursing home due to the alleged negligence by doctors and medical staff.
Despite repeated requests made to the state government and district authorities, no action has been taken so far, Jamal said.
Jaiswal, however, refused to comment on the issue.
On being asked about the charges levelled by IAC activist Arvind Kejriwal against Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, he said that the Congress leader has returned to the country and would reply himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman