Coming soon, Mulayam-Amar katha part-II?
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and former party general secretary and chief strategist Amar Singh may become friends again.
In a politically significant development indicating that there could be a patch-up soon between the two leaders, the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh has withdrawn all cases of money laundering against Singh.
It is to be noted that the BSP government led by chief minister Mayawati had filed an FIR against Singh, then general secretary in Samajwadi Party, in 2009.
The withdrawal of money laundering cases against Singh indicates the softening of stance taken by the Samajwadi Party chief and a thaw in his relations with the former.
However, the possibility of Singh’s return to the SP camp is still believed to be a far-fetched thought as Mulayam`s son and state’s Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is strongly opposed to it.
It would be difficult for the SP leadership to forget that Singh fought the last assembly election with one-point agenda – to ensure that Mulayam and his son don`t return to power.
During his colourful poll campaign speeches, Singh told voters how Mulayam had betrayed him and was "dishonest both in his emotions and his politics".
Singh`s poll campaign speeches used to end with a warning, "If, after all this, the people of Uttar Pradesh are ready to coronate Mulayam Singh as the emperor and Akhilesh as Shahzada Salim, then Uttar Pradesh deserves it."
Now suddenly, there is a twist in the Amar-Mulayam story with reports claiming that the bitterness between the two has vanished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org