Coming soon, Mulayam-Amar katha part-II?
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav and former party general secretary and chief strategist Amar Singh may become friends again.
In a politically significant development indicating that there could be a patch-up soon between the two leaders, the Akhilesh Yadav government in Uttar Pradesh has withdrawn all cases of money laundering against Singh.
It is to be noted that the BSP government led by chief minister Mayawati had filed an FIR against Singh, then general secretary in Samajwadi Party, in 2009.
The withdrawal of money laundering cases against Singh indicates the softening of stance taken by the Samajwadi Party chief and a thaw in his relations with the former.
However, the possibility of Singh’s return to the SP camp is still believed to be a far-fetched thought as Mulayam`s son and state’s Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav is strongly opposed to it.
It would be difficult for the SP leadership to forget that Singh fought the last assembly election with one-point agenda – to ensure that Mulayam and his son don`t return to power.
During his colourful poll campaign speeches, Singh told voters how Mulayam had betrayed him and was "dishonest both in his emotions and his politics".
Singh`s poll campaign speeches used to end with a warning, "If, after all this, the people of Uttar Pradesh are ready to coronate Mulayam Singh as the emperor and Akhilesh as Shahzada Salim, then Uttar Pradesh deserves it."
Now suddenly, there is a twist in the Amar-Mulayam story with reports claiming that the bitterness between the two has vanished.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what