Communal clashes: Mathura tense, four dead
Mathura: With the recovery of two charred bodies from a wooden shop today, the death toll in the clashes in Kosi Kalan town has shot up to four.
Sixteen persons were also injured in the clashes, which flared up yesterday reportedly after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose, leading to a heated argument followed by the clashes between two communities.
There was no report of any clash since last midnight.
Stern action would be taken against those who have taken law in their hands, ADG Jagmohan Yadav said while talking to reporters here today.
"The situation is under control. Four company RAF and eight company of PAC and adequate police personnel have been deployed," the ADG said.
Entire troubled area has been divided into two Zones and six sectors with SDM and police circle officer as in-charge of each sector, he said.
Extra picket has been posted at sensitive spots, Yadav said.
The ADG admitted that situation worsened when armed people from adjoining villages reached Kosi Kalan town in the evening on Friday.
"Two times the police succeeded in controlling the clash, however, it worsened when people from neighbouring villages joined the clash," the ADG said.
"Mischief doers have been identified. Further identification would be done through their call details of phone. Their armed licenses would be cancelled," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow