Communal clashes: Mathura tense, four dead
Mathura: With the recovery of two charred bodies from a wooden shop today, the death toll in the clashes in Kosi Kalan town has shot up to four.
Sixteen persons were also injured in the clashes, which flared up yesterday reportedly after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose, leading to a heated argument followed by the clashes between two communities.
There was no report of any clash since last midnight.
Stern action would be taken against those who have taken law in their hands, ADG Jagmohan Yadav said while talking to reporters here today.
"The situation is under control. Four company RAF and eight company of PAC and adequate police personnel have been deployed," the ADG said.
Entire troubled area has been divided into two Zones and six sectors with SDM and police circle officer as in-charge of each sector, he said.
Extra picket has been posted at sensitive spots, Yadav said.
The ADG admitted that situation worsened when armed people from adjoining villages reached Kosi Kalan town in the evening on Friday.
"Two times the police succeeded in controlling the clash, however, it worsened when people from neighbouring villages joined the clash," the ADG said.
"Mischief doers have been identified. Further identification would be done through their call details of phone. Their armed licenses would be cancelled," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27