Communal clashes: Mathura tense, four dead
Mathura: With the recovery of two charred bodies from a wooden shop today, the death toll in the clashes in Kosi Kalan town has shot up to four.
Sixteen persons were also injured in the clashes, which flared up yesterday reportedly after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose, leading to a heated argument followed by the clashes between two communities.
There was no report of any clash since last midnight.
Stern action would be taken against those who have taken law in their hands, ADG Jagmohan Yadav said while talking to reporters here today.
"The situation is under control. Four company RAF and eight company of PAC and adequate police personnel have been deployed," the ADG said.
Entire troubled area has been divided into two Zones and six sectors with SDM and police circle officer as in-charge of each sector, he said.
Extra picket has been posted at sensitive spots, Yadav said.
The ADG admitted that situation worsened when armed people from adjoining villages reached Kosi Kalan town in the evening on Friday.
"Two times the police succeeded in controlling the clash, however, it worsened when people from neighbouring villages joined the clash," the ADG said.
"Mischief doers have been identified. Further identification would be done through their call details of phone. Their armed licenses would be cancelled," Yadav said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!