Communal clashes: Mathura tense, four dead
Mathura: With the recovery of two charred bodies from a wooden shop today, the death toll in the clashes in Kosi Kalan town has shot up to four.
Sixteen persons were also injured in the clashes, which flared up yesterday reportedly after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose, leading to a heated argument followed by the clashes between two communities.
There was no report of any clash since last midnight.
Stern action would be taken against those who have taken law in their hands, ADG Jagmohan Yadav said while talking to reporters here today.
"The situation is under control. Four company RAF and eight company of PAC and adequate police personnel have been deployed," the ADG said.
Entire troubled area has been divided into two Zones and six sectors with SDM and police circle officer as in-charge of each sector, he said.
Extra picket has been posted at sensitive spots, Yadav said.
The ADG admitted that situation worsened when armed people from adjoining villages reached Kosi Kalan town in the evening on Friday.
"Two times the police succeeded in controlling the clash, however, it worsened when people from neighbouring villages joined the clash," the ADG said.
"Mischief doers have been identified. Further identification would be done through their call details of phone. Their armed licenses would be cancelled," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video