Communal forces succeeded in Muzaffarnagar, says Mulayam
Mainpuri: Communal forces succeeded in their efforts in Muzaffarnagar, Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav said today and asked the Uttar Pradesh government to deal with such elements sternly "not through negotiations".
The former chief minister said that "Uttar Pradesh will not be allowed to turn into Gujarat".
"In Muzaffarnagar, communal forces have succeeded. Some forces want to create problems but we will not allow Uttar Pradesh to turn into Gujarat.
"Whenever Samajwadi Party forms its government communal forces instigate riots but we will not allow them to succeed," he said while addressing party rally in his parliamentary constituency here.
He asked the chief minister to deal with the situation strictly.
"Akhilesh and others of the ministry are sitting here, such issues are dealt with sternly and not through negotiations. Had we not dealt (with such a situation in the past) sternly, the mosque in Ayodhya would have been demolished," he said.
"Communal forces should be dealt sternly and not through negotiations or laxity," Yadav said.
Terming farmers and Muslims as those who can help in development, Yadav said that central government "did not take a positive initiative on the recommendations of Sachar Committee whose report described Muslims as the most poor."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city