`Communal incidents in Uttar Pradesh result of planned action`
New Delhi: A Press Council of India (PCI) appointed single-member fact finding committee has held that incidents of communal violence, including attack on a local weekly in Faizabad, in Uttar Pradesh last year were the result of a planned action.
The report also held that the attack on bilingual Hindi- Urdu publication `Aapki Taaqat` was due to communal motives and not because of any writings or thought.
In the report, Sheetla Singh, editor of Faizabad`s Hindi daily `Jan Morcha`, has recommended several measures including action against officials whose lack of action allowed the violence to occur.
Among several other measures, the report has also recommended that steps should be taken so that communal propaganda is not allowed to spread and a judicial probe into the Faizabad incident.
Press Council chairperson Justice Markandey Katju had appointed the committee to look in to the incidents related to the attack on the office of the local publication last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?