Communal tension grips UP village
Bijnor: Communal tension gripped a village
near here after five members of family were injured and their
house was set on fire following a petty dispute between two
youths belonging to different communities, police said.
According to police, Dillu`s cycle allegedly hit a youth
Jai Chand last evening in nearby village of Dara Nagar Ganj,
resulting in altercation and exchange of blows between the
two. Dillu`s father Dawood, however, intervened and managed to
But after some time, Dillu along with some of his friends
reached the house of Jai Chand and attacked the latter`s
family with hockey sticks, injuring five persons including two
women, police said, adding the attackers later set Chand`s
house on fire.
ASP Anil Misra and Kotwali in-charge Inspector Rajiv
Gautam reached the spot with police force. One of the accused
was arrested and search was on to nab the others, police said.
Police force have been deployed in the communally tense
village, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says