Complaint against Gadkari in Kanpur court
Kanpur: A complaint was Wednesday filed against BJP President Nitin Gadkari in a local court here against his remarks comparing Swami Vivekananda with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Complainant Kripesh Tripathi claimed that the statement has hurt the sentiments of followers of Swami Vivekananda as well as the general public.
Such comments also pose a threat to the unity and integrity of the country, he claimed.
The complaint goes on to question as to how could the BJP president have known about the IQ levels of the two individuals.
Gadkari`s speech in Bhopal on Sunday, which appeared to compare the Intelligence Quotient of Swami Vivekananda and Ibrahim, has already come under attack from his political rivals.
The next hearing for the case has been scheduled for November 23.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata