Complaint against Gadkari in Kanpur court
Kanpur: A complaint was Wednesday filed against BJP President Nitin Gadkari in a local court here against his remarks comparing Swami Vivekananda with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Complainant Kripesh Tripathi claimed that the statement has hurt the sentiments of followers of Swami Vivekananda as well as the general public.
Such comments also pose a threat to the unity and integrity of the country, he claimed.
The complaint goes on to question as to how could the BJP president have known about the IQ levels of the two individuals.
Gadkari`s speech in Bhopal on Sunday, which appeared to compare the Intelligence Quotient of Swami Vivekananda and Ibrahim, has already come under attack from his political rivals.
The next hearing for the case has been scheduled for November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?