Complaint against Gadkari in Kanpur court
Kanpur: A complaint was Wednesday filed against BJP President Nitin Gadkari in a local court here against his remarks comparing Swami Vivekananda with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Complainant Kripesh Tripathi claimed that the statement has hurt the sentiments of followers of Swami Vivekananda as well as the general public.
Such comments also pose a threat to the unity and integrity of the country, he claimed.
The complaint goes on to question as to how could the BJP president have known about the IQ levels of the two individuals.
Gadkari`s speech in Bhopal on Sunday, which appeared to compare the Intelligence Quotient of Swami Vivekananda and Ibrahim, has already come under attack from his political rivals.
The next hearing for the case has been scheduled for November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon