Complaint against Gadkari in Kanpur court
Kanpur: A complaint was Wednesday filed against BJP President Nitin Gadkari in a local court here against his remarks comparing Swami Vivekananda with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim.
Complainant Kripesh Tripathi claimed that the statement has hurt the sentiments of followers of Swami Vivekananda as well as the general public.
Such comments also pose a threat to the unity and integrity of the country, he claimed.
The complaint goes on to question as to how could the BJP president have known about the IQ levels of the two individuals.
Gadkari`s speech in Bhopal on Sunday, which appeared to compare the Intelligence Quotient of Swami Vivekananda and Ibrahim, has already come under attack from his political rivals.
The next hearing for the case has been scheduled for November 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next