Complaint case against Sania Mirza deferred to June 25
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court here
on Tuesday deferred to June 25 the hearing in the complaint against
tennis star Sania Mirza alleging that she had shown disrespect
to the national anthem.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Muzaffarnagar,
Vikas Goel put off for June 25 the hearing in the case due to
Three complaints which were clubbed into one were
filed against the famous tennis player for allegedly showing
disrespect to the national anthem during a function here in
The complainants had alleged that Sania, who had come
here to attend a women’s tennis tournament function, during play
of national song had stood with her hands folded in back.
Initial hearings have taken place in the case in which
plaintiffs advocates presented their arguments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site
- Court rejects Ohio law that bans police from sex with minors
- Democrats speaking about world that does not exist: Trump