Complaint case against Sania Mirza deferred to June 25
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court here
on Tuesday deferred to June 25 the hearing in the complaint against
tennis star Sania Mirza alleging that she had shown disrespect
to the national anthem.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Muzaffarnagar,
Vikas Goel put off for June 25 the hearing in the case due to
Three complaints which were clubbed into one were
filed against the famous tennis player for allegedly showing
disrespect to the national anthem during a function here in
The complainants had alleged that Sania, who had come
here to attend a women’s tennis tournament function, during play
of national song had stood with her hands folded in back.
Initial hearings have taken place in the case in which
plaintiffs advocates presented their arguments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir