Complaint case against Sania Mirza deferred to June 25
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court here
on Tuesday deferred to June 25 the hearing in the complaint against
tennis star Sania Mirza alleging that she had shown disrespect
to the national anthem.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Muzaffarnagar,
Vikas Goel put off for June 25 the hearing in the case due to
Three complaints which were clubbed into one were
filed against the famous tennis player for allegedly showing
disrespect to the national anthem during a function here in
The complainants had alleged that Sania, who had come
here to attend a women’s tennis tournament function, during play
of national song had stood with her hands folded in back.
Initial hearings have taken place in the case in which
plaintiffs advocates presented their arguments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit