Complaint case against Sania Mirza deferred to June 25
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A local court here
on Tuesday deferred to June 25 the hearing in the complaint against
tennis star Sania Mirza alleging that she had shown disrespect
to the national anthem.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate, Muzaffarnagar,
Vikas Goel put off for June 25 the hearing in the case due to
Three complaints which were clubbed into one were
filed against the famous tennis player for allegedly showing
disrespect to the national anthem during a function here in
The complainants had alleged that Sania, who had come
here to attend a women’s tennis tournament function, during play
of national song had stood with her hands folded in back.
Initial hearings have taken place in the case in which
plaintiffs advocates presented their arguments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list