Complaint filed against Singhal for objectionable remark
Aurangabad: The City unit of Congress here on Sunday filed a complaint against Vishv Hindu Parishad President Ashok Singhal for making an objectionable statement against Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
The local leaders of Congress met the Assistant Commissioner of Police Kamlakar Kisanrao Yelambkar demanding that Singhal should be booked, party sources said.
Police said that they would investigate the matter before registering the case.
Protesting against the controversial statement made by the VHP chief, the Congress activists burnt his effigy here yesterday.
Maharashtra Education Minister Rajendra Darda said, "The statement made by Singhal is tilted towards terrorism. It seems there is a conspiracy to breach the peace in the state. But the people are matured and would not fall prey to these statements."
Coming to the rescue of Singhal, Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said that his statement was misinterpreted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31