Complaint filed against Singhal for objectionable remark
Aurangabad: The City unit of Congress here on Sunday filed a complaint against Vishv Hindu Parishad President Ashok Singhal for making an objectionable statement against Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
The local leaders of Congress met the Assistant Commissioner of Police Kamlakar Kisanrao Yelambkar demanding that Singhal should be booked, party sources said.
Police said that they would investigate the matter before registering the case.
Protesting against the controversial statement made by the VHP chief, the Congress activists burnt his effigy here yesterday.
Maharashtra Education Minister Rajendra Darda said, "The statement made by Singhal is tilted towards terrorism. It seems there is a conspiracy to breach the peace in the state. But the people are matured and would not fall prey to these statements."
Coming to the rescue of Singhal, Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said that his statement was misinterpreted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Anil Ambani's elder son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board
- Gold price rises by Rs 150 to Rs 31,200 per 10 grams
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely