Complaint filed against Singhal for objectionable remark
Aurangabad: The City unit of Congress here on Sunday filed a complaint against Vishv Hindu Parishad President Ashok Singhal for making an objectionable statement against Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
The local leaders of Congress met the Assistant Commissioner of Police Kamlakar Kisanrao Yelambkar demanding that Singhal should be booked, party sources said.
Police said that they would investigate the matter before registering the case.
Protesting against the controversial statement made by the VHP chief, the Congress activists burnt his effigy here yesterday.
Maharashtra Education Minister Rajendra Darda said, "The statement made by Singhal is tilted towards terrorism. It seems there is a conspiracy to breach the peace in the state. But the people are matured and would not fall prey to these statements."
Coming to the rescue of Singhal, Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said that his statement was misinterpreted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh