Complaint filed against Singhal for objectionable remark
Aurangabad: The City unit of Congress here on Sunday filed a complaint against Vishv Hindu Parishad President Ashok Singhal for making an objectionable statement against Indira Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi.
The local leaders of Congress met the Assistant Commissioner of Police Kamlakar Kisanrao Yelambkar demanding that Singhal should be booked, party sources said.
Police said that they would investigate the matter before registering the case.
Protesting against the controversial statement made by the VHP chief, the Congress activists burnt his effigy here yesterday.
Maharashtra Education Minister Rajendra Darda said, "The statement made by Singhal is tilted towards terrorism. It seems there is a conspiracy to breach the peace in the state. But the people are matured and would not fall prey to these statements."
Coming to the rescue of Singhal, Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said that his statement was misinterpreted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video