Complaint registered against Jaya Prada for violating Model Code of Conduct
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: A case of violation of model code of conduct has been registered against Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) member Jaya Prada in Muzaffarnagar.
The actor-turned politician is contesting from Bijnore Lok Sabha constituency and has been accused of holding a public meeting without taking permission from the authorities.
Apart from Jaya Prada, party`s district president Ajit Rathi has also been named in the complint.
Jaya Prada had joined the party last month alongwith fromer Samajwadi member Amar Singh.
Singh and Jaya were expelled from the SP for indulging in anti-party activities and denting its socialist image.
Later, Singh formed Lok Manch and contested for 360 Assembly seats in UP in 2012. However, he could not win the elections. Moreover, rumours were doing the rounds that he would join the Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa