Complete work on basic facilities: UP govt to officials
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday
directed the concerned officials to complete all work relating
to developing basic facilities in historical towns, including
the `City of Nawabs` and Kannauj in this financial year.
Chief Minister Mayawati has asked officials of various
departments to coordinate completion of works relating to
sewers, potable water and construction of drains.
Asking the officials to prepare a time table for
completion of all works relating to it in a time-phased
manner, she said they should monitor them.
The chief minister also asked officials to spped up
the construction of the third water works in Lucknow and
complete the laying of 800 km sewer line by March 2011 and the
sewage treatment plant by July 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars