Complete work on basic facilities: UP govt to officials
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday
directed the concerned officials to complete all work relating
to developing basic facilities in historical towns, including
the `City of Nawabs` and Kannauj in this financial year.
Chief Minister Mayawati has asked officials of various
departments to coordinate completion of works relating to
sewers, potable water and construction of drains.
Asking the officials to prepare a time table for
completion of all works relating to it in a time-phased
manner, she said they should monitor them.
The chief minister also asked officials to spped up
the construction of the third water works in Lucknow and
complete the laying of 800 km sewer line by March 2011 and the
sewage treatment plant by July 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed