Complete work on basic facilities: UP govt to officials
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh government on Saturday
directed the concerned officials to complete all work relating
to developing basic facilities in historical towns, including
the `City of Nawabs` and Kannauj in this financial year.
Chief Minister Mayawati has asked officials of various
departments to coordinate completion of works relating to
sewers, potable water and construction of drains.
Asking the officials to prepare a time table for
completion of all works relating to it in a time-phased
manner, she said they should monitor them.
The chief minister also asked officials to spped up
the construction of the third water works in Lucknow and
complete the laying of 800 km sewer line by March 2011 and the
sewage treatment plant by July 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’