Compulsory no-ragging affidavit for IIT-K students
Kanpur: Ahead of the new academic session
which commences on Monday, the IIT Kanpur administration has asked
all its new students to fill an affidavit pledging not to get
indulged in any kind of ragging.
All students have to sign and submit an affidavit to the
Institute that disciplinary action can be initiated against
them if found involved in any kind of ragging, Institute`s
registrar Sanjeev Kashalkar said.
As many as 1,200 students, including 800 for
under-graduate and 400 for post-graduate courses, are likely
to take admission in the Institute during the academic year
Classes will start from 25th of July following an
orientation programme for new students, which is scheduled till
23rd of this month, Kashalkar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter