Cong begins probe into fund diversions in UPCC
Lucknow: Taking exception to the allegations
of irregularities of funds in Congress` Uttar Pradesh unit,
the AICC has initiated an inquiry into the matter, a senior
Congress leader said on Wednesday.
UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi has already removed
treasurer Deepak Gupta after reports surfaced that funds worth
crores meant for Lok Sabha elections have been diverted for
UPCC spokesman Subodh Srivasata said that Gupta was
removed on September 23 because of financial irregularities
and the central party leadership is in the know of the things.
Srivastava said there were no records of huge sums that
the UPCC had received in cash for the Lok Sabha elections and
action has been initiated against Gupta as he was the
Meanwhile, Gupta has refuted allegations against him
saying that he had all the records with him and was ready to
give a reply to all the charges.
Gupta said that he had been targeted after he had exposed
Joshi who had misused the funds for some other works
than for what they were sanctioned by the central unit.
A party leader said that now the AICC has ordered a
detailed inquiry into the entire case and the truth would come
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city