Cong begins probe into fund diversions in UPCC
Lucknow: Taking exception to the allegations
of irregularities of funds in Congress` Uttar Pradesh unit,
the AICC has initiated an inquiry into the matter, a senior
Congress leader said on Wednesday.
UP Congress chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi has already removed
treasurer Deepak Gupta after reports surfaced that funds worth
crores meant for Lok Sabha elections have been diverted for
UPCC spokesman Subodh Srivasata said that Gupta was
removed on September 23 because of financial irregularities
and the central party leadership is in the know of the things.
Srivastava said there were no records of huge sums that
the UPCC had received in cash for the Lok Sabha elections and
action has been initiated against Gupta as he was the
Meanwhile, Gupta has refuted allegations against him
saying that he had all the records with him and was ready to
give a reply to all the charges.
Gupta said that he had been targeted after he had exposed
Joshi who had misused the funds for some other works
than for what they were sanctioned by the central unit.
A party leader said that now the AICC has ordered a
detailed inquiry into the entire case and the truth would come
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani