Cong, BJP candidates booked for poll code breach
Ballia: Cases have been registered
against Congress and BJP candidates from here for allegedly violating the model code of conduct.
An FIR has been registered against sitting MLA and
Congress nominee Subhash Yadav and 10 others after two
unauthorised vehicles and a revolver were recovered from him
during checking Basrikapur late last night, they said.
In the last elections, Subhash was elected on BSP ticket.
In a separate incident, two rifles and a revolver were
recovered from the vehicles of BJP candidate Bharat Singh
after which an FIR was lodged against him and four others,
Elections will be held in Uttar Pradesh for 403-Assembly
seats in seven phases in Febraury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price