Cong could lose in UP without RLD: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh on Tuesday said
Congress could lose Uttar Pradesh in assembly elections if it
failed to have a tie-up with his party.
"...We (Congress and RLD) are in talks for a tie-up
against Mayawati as it would help defeat her. If there is no
alliance, they will lose. But nothing definitive has taken
shape," he told agency here.
He also said he would not mind becoming a cabinet
minister if his party joins UPA.
"If we join UPA, there is no question of minding about it
(taking a cabinet berth) if it takes shape. We have not
discussed it so far," he said when asked whether he would
`mind` becoming a cabinet minister if the talks succeed.
Asked about suggestions that he could even join Congress,
Singh said there was no such move but talks were on for a tie-
up against Mayawati.
"As of now, we are discussing an alliance and seats and
no decision has been reached though everyone favours it (a
tie-up)," he said.
Asked on the possibility of a tie-up with BJP again, he
said much would depend on the political situation. "SP and
Congress had a tie-up then, though we were in talks with
Congress. But they could not reach an agreement. But now we
had been maintaining that we will not have an agreement with
BSP and BJP," he said.
He said at this stage there was no plan to have a tie-up
with Mulayam Singh Yadav`s Samajwadi Party.
"There were talks...everyone talks as people feel that
Mayawati has to be removed and they don`t mind tie-ups as a
means to achieve that. People want the three parties
(Congress, SP and RLD) to tie up. But that is not possible,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?