Cong could lose in UP without RLD: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh on Tuesday said
Congress could lose Uttar Pradesh in assembly elections if it
failed to have a tie-up with his party.
"...We (Congress and RLD) are in talks for a tie-up
against Mayawati as it would help defeat her. If there is no
alliance, they will lose. But nothing definitive has taken
shape," he told agency here.
He also said he would not mind becoming a cabinet
minister if his party joins UPA.
"If we join UPA, there is no question of minding about it
(taking a cabinet berth) if it takes shape. We have not
discussed it so far," he said when asked whether he would
`mind` becoming a cabinet minister if the talks succeed.
Asked about suggestions that he could even join Congress,
Singh said there was no such move but talks were on for a tie-
up against Mayawati.
"As of now, we are discussing an alliance and seats and
no decision has been reached though everyone favours it (a
tie-up)," he said.
Asked on the possibility of a tie-up with BJP again, he
said much would depend on the political situation. "SP and
Congress had a tie-up then, though we were in talks with
Congress. But they could not reach an agreement. But now we
had been maintaining that we will not have an agreement with
BSP and BJP," he said.
He said at this stage there was no plan to have a tie-up
with Mulayam Singh Yadav`s Samajwadi Party.
"There were talks...everyone talks as people feel that
Mayawati has to be removed and they don`t mind tie-ups as a
means to achieve that. People want the three parties
(Congress, SP and RLD) to tie up. But that is not possible,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'