Cong could lose in UP without RLD: Ajit Singh
New Delhi: RLD chief Ajit Singh on Tuesday said
Congress could lose Uttar Pradesh in assembly elections if it
failed to have a tie-up with his party.
"...We (Congress and RLD) are in talks for a tie-up
against Mayawati as it would help defeat her. If there is no
alliance, they will lose. But nothing definitive has taken
shape," he told agency here.
He also said he would not mind becoming a cabinet
minister if his party joins UPA.
"If we join UPA, there is no question of minding about it
(taking a cabinet berth) if it takes shape. We have not
discussed it so far," he said when asked whether he would
`mind` becoming a cabinet minister if the talks succeed.
Asked about suggestions that he could even join Congress,
Singh said there was no such move but talks were on for a tie-
up against Mayawati.
"As of now, we are discussing an alliance and seats and
no decision has been reached though everyone favours it (a
tie-up)," he said.
Asked on the possibility of a tie-up with BJP again, he
said much would depend on the political situation. "SP and
Congress had a tie-up then, though we were in talks with
Congress. But they could not reach an agreement. But now we
had been maintaining that we will not have an agreement with
BSP and BJP," he said.
He said at this stage there was no plan to have a tie-up
with Mulayam Singh Yadav`s Samajwadi Party.
"There were talks...everyone talks as people feel that
Mayawati has to be removed and they don`t mind tie-ups as a
means to achieve that. People want the three parties
(Congress, SP and RLD) to tie up. But that is not possible,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption