Cong derides BJP for reviving temple issue
New Delhi: BJP`s attempt to revive the Ram
Temple issue and its promise to provide one cow each to every
BPL family in its poll manifesto on Friday drew derisive comments
from the Congress.
"If BJP is giving a cow to the poor, this will definitely
be one, which does not give milk," remarked party spokesperson
Rashid Alvi amid peals of laughter.
Attacking the Opposition party for raking up the Ayodhya
issue again, Alvi said, "Instead of honouring Lord Rama, BJP
is interested in making it an issue".
He said the BJP did not talk at all about the temple
issue when it was in power for six years at the Centre and
also in Uttar Pradesh.
"They remember it whenever elections come. People are not
going to be cheated with such things.
Asked to comment on BJP`s statement that it will scrap
the 4.5 per cent reservation for backward minorities if it
came to power, the Congress spokesperson said, "BJP knows it
is not going to form the government. Even in UP, the BJP is
going to finish fourth. So they can say anything."
Releasing its poll manifesto for Uttar Pradesh in
Lucknow, the BJP said it was committed to remove all hurdles
in the path of construction of Ram temple.
Terming UPA`s decision to give 4.5 per cent reservation
to backward minorities within the 27 per cent OBC quota in
central government jobs and admissions as "motivated by vote
bank politics", the party said when BJP comes to power it
would be scrapped and 27 per cent quota of the OBCs restored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi