Cong distt chiefs removed after protests during Ra
Bahraich: UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi
on Thursday removed the party`s district and city unit presidents
after a section of party workers had staged demonstration
during Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s public meeting here
protesting "discrimination" in assembly poll ticket
A group of about 200 Congress workers had demonstrated
during Rahul`s meeting in protest against alleged
discrimination in nominating candidates for coming assembly
elections in the state.
"The supporters of district unit president Jitendra
Pratap Singh and city unit president Sheikh Zakaria had
demonstrated near the meeting ground in an act of
indiscipline. Both these persons have been removed from
their posts," Joshi said.
Former city unit president Ram Narain Mishra has been
made the working president of the district unit, Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal