Cong distt chiefs removed after protests during Ra
Bahraich: UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi
on Thursday removed the party`s district and city unit presidents
after a section of party workers had staged demonstration
during Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s public meeting here
protesting "discrimination" in assembly poll ticket
A group of about 200 Congress workers had demonstrated
during Rahul`s meeting in protest against alleged
discrimination in nominating candidates for coming assembly
elections in the state.
"The supporters of district unit president Jitendra
Pratap Singh and city unit president Sheikh Zakaria had
demonstrated near the meeting ground in an act of
indiscipline. Both these persons have been removed from
their posts," Joshi said.
Former city unit president Ram Narain Mishra has been
made the working president of the district unit, Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video