Cong gave birth to corruption: Akhilesh
Jaunpur (UP): Coming down heavily on the
Congress, UP Samajwadi Party president Akhilesh Yadav on Sunday
alleged it had given birth to corruption in the country.
"Congress leaders were the first to start the trend of
corruption and scams in the country. Later, leaders from
several other political parties followed them," he told an
election meeting here.
"The Congress has given birth to corruption in the
country," Akhilesh said.
Attacking the BJP, he said the party had invoked the
name of god for deriving political mileage.
He said his party, if voted to power in Uttar Pradesh,
would initiate an inquiry into corruption during the BSP rule
in the state.
"We will also probe installation of stones worth over Rs
40 thousand crores in parks," Akhilesh said.
On the first two phases of the assembly election in the
state, he said the SP was way ahead of other parties."The
BJP and the Congress are nowhere in fight."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'