Cong-led govt responsible for the present situation: SP
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party, a key outside supporter of UPA, on Tuesday termed the decision of Trinamool Congress to pull out of the ruling dispensation as a "serious" issue and accused the Congress-led government`s attitude of being responsible for the situation.
"The Congress government is behaving as if it enjoys complete majority. It is taking decisions without consulting alliees," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav told reporters here.
He said Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee was "forced" to pull out as she did not like the "style of functioning of the government".
Asked about the stand of his party following TMC`s move, he said SP`s relationship with UPA is independent of any other ally.
"Our decision will be independent. We will take a call after the September 20 bandh against FDI in retail and diesel price hike," he said.
Asked whether the government will collapse following TMC`s decision, Yadav said it was a "serious issue".
Meanwhile, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav reached Delhi tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16