Cong-led govt responsible for the present situation: SP
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party, a key outside supporter of UPA, on Tuesday termed the decision of Trinamool Congress to pull out of the ruling dispensation as a "serious" issue and accused the Congress-led government`s attitude of being responsible for the situation.
"The Congress government is behaving as if it enjoys complete majority. It is taking decisions without consulting alliees," SP General Secretary Ram Gopal Yadav told reporters here.
He said Trinamool chief Mamata Banerjee was "forced" to pull out as she did not like the "style of functioning of the government".
Asked about the stand of his party following TMC`s move, he said SP`s relationship with UPA is independent of any other ally.
"Our decision will be independent. We will take a call after the September 20 bandh against FDI in retail and diesel price hike," he said.
Asked whether the government will collapse following TMC`s decision, Yadav said it was a "serious issue".
Meanwhile, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav reached Delhi tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sadhguru to lead yoga session at UN on 2nd International Yoga Day
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- US military restricts troops after murder in Okinawa
- Pakistan can help US destabilise Taliban: Senator Bob Corker
- North Korean leader`s aunt runs dry-cleaner in US: Reports