Cong lost recent Assembly polls due to insiders: Beni
Bahraich: The Congress lost the recent Assembly elections in four states due to insiders, Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma today claimed.
Talking to reporters in Kaiserganj here, Verma claimed that "insiders" played a role in his party`s drubbing in the recent polls, and said soon an overhauling exercise would be undertaken in the party and its beginning would be made from Uttar Pradesh.
To a question, the Union minister said the BJP would not be able to come to power in the the next four decades, and its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi would always remain "Prime Minister-in-waiting".
Claiming that Congress would win more than 50 seats in Uttar Pradesh, Verma said Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi would be the next Prime Minister.
On the Muzaffarnagar riots, he said that it is the outcome of the connivance between BJP and Samajwadi Party. Terming the law and order of the state a "total failure", Verma said that by creating more than one power centres, SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav is not allowing Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to function.
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part II
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam -Part III
- Discussion on Rahul Gandhi's involvement in AgustaWestland chopper scam - Part IV
- DNA : Why BJP is linking Rahul Gandhi to AgustaWestland scam
- IS kills Navy SEAL in Iraq: US official
- 'Mines Act amendments may spur M&As in cement, steel sectors'
- Hardik Patel offers to give an undertaking for bail, not to do anything that affect law
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Australia lead India as South Africa slip to 6th in ICC Test rankings