Cong not projecting me as CM candidate: Beni
Lucknow: Union minister Beni Prasad Verma
Friday the rumour that Congress might be launching him as its chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh to dent the dalit vote bank of ruling BSP.
"I am not a claimant for the chief minister`s post. There
is no tradition in the Congress of declaring prime ministerial
or chief ministerial candidates before polls. It is only after
the elections that the party decides who will take the post,"
He was talking to reporters on the sidelines of a CII
On allegations that he has declared candidates on various
seats in his native Barabanki district, Verma said he cannot
run a parallel Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official