Cong, SP trying to entrap Muslims: BJP
Moradabad: BJP on Sunday attacked Congress, BSP
and SP on Muslim reservation issue saying these parties are
trying to "entrap" the Muslims with the "expired salve" of
secularism and religious reservation.
Addressing a minority rally in Mundha Pandey here, BJP
National Vice-President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi dubbed these
parties "traditional and professional exploiters" of Muslims
"Muslims are well aware of the fact that the same parties
are responsible for the backwardness, unemployment, poor
economic conditions and educational backwardness of the
community, in spite of that fact the same political parties
manage to capture power on the basis of their massive Muslim
support," Naqvi said.
Neither the Congress, nor the Samajwadi Party or the
ruling Bahujan Samaj Party, while in power, seriously and
honestly worked for the socio-economic and educational
development of the minorities, he said.
Pointing out that proportion of Muslims in the
government jobs had come down by 42 per cent during the last
decade in Uttar Pradesh, Naqvi said that it went up in the BJP
or NDA ruled states of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat and
Chhattisgarh by 31, 38, 34 and 24 per cent, respectively
during the same period.
"This shows that without religious reservation, the
social status of minority community can be improved if sincere
efforts with honest political will are made," he said.
Now, terrorism is being given a communal angle and it is
used by all for vote-bank politics, the BJP leader said while
charging the Congress with raking up the Batla House encounter
while trying to woo voters of a particular community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal