Cong stages dharnas against "anti-farmer" policies of UP govt
Lucknow: Congress on Saturday staged dharnas at all the district headquarters protesting "anti-farmer" policies being pursued by the Uttar Pradesh government and resolved to continue their struggle in support of sugarcane growers.
On the directives of UPCC president Nirmal Khatri, senior leaders and party workers alongwith farmers staged dharnas at the district headquarters and raised slogans demanding immediate redressal of problems of sugarcane growers.
The protesters also handed a memorandum addressing the governor through local administration demanding immediate start of sugarcane crushing, payment of outstanding cane dues among others.
Barabanki MP PL Punia, Siddhartnagar MP Jagdambika Pal, Greater Noida MLC Naseeb Pathan besides other legislators led the protestors in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!