Cong stages dharnas against "anti-farmer" policies of UP govt
Lucknow: Congress on Saturday staged dharnas at all the district headquarters protesting "anti-farmer" policies being pursued by the Uttar Pradesh government and resolved to continue their struggle in support of sugarcane growers.
On the directives of UPCC president Nirmal Khatri, senior leaders and party workers alongwith farmers staged dharnas at the district headquarters and raised slogans demanding immediate redressal of problems of sugarcane growers.
The protesters also handed a memorandum addressing the governor through local administration demanding immediate start of sugarcane crushing, payment of outstanding cane dues among others.
Barabanki MP PL Punia, Siddhartnagar MP Jagdambika Pal, Greater Noida MLC Naseeb Pathan besides other legislators led the protestors in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Bada Kabristan
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened