Cong stages dharnas against "anti-farmer" policies of UP govt
Lucknow: Congress on Saturday staged dharnas at all the district headquarters protesting "anti-farmer" policies being pursued by the Uttar Pradesh government and resolved to continue their struggle in support of sugarcane growers.
On the directives of UPCC president Nirmal Khatri, senior leaders and party workers alongwith farmers staged dharnas at the district headquarters and raised slogans demanding immediate redressal of problems of sugarcane growers.
The protesters also handed a memorandum addressing the governor through local administration demanding immediate start of sugarcane crushing, payment of outstanding cane dues among others.
Barabanki MP PL Punia, Siddhartnagar MP Jagdambika Pal, Greater Noida MLC Naseeb Pathan besides other legislators led the protestors in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah