Cong stages dharnas against "anti-farmer" policies of UP govt
Lucknow: Congress on Saturday staged dharnas at all the district headquarters protesting "anti-farmer" policies being pursued by the Uttar Pradesh government and resolved to continue their struggle in support of sugarcane growers.
On the directives of UPCC president Nirmal Khatri, senior leaders and party workers alongwith farmers staged dharnas at the district headquarters and raised slogans demanding immediate redressal of problems of sugarcane growers.
The protesters also handed a memorandum addressing the governor through local administration demanding immediate start of sugarcane crushing, payment of outstanding cane dues among others.
Barabanki MP PL Punia, Siddhartnagar MP Jagdambika Pal, Greater Noida MLC Naseeb Pathan besides other legislators led the protestors in their respective areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video