Cong to present Mayawati list of "tainted" BSP leaders
Allahabad: Blaming Mayawati for failing to
act against "tainted" leaders of her party, the Congress today
said it will approach the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister in 15
days with a list of ruling BSP leaders having "dubious" past
and press for their removal.
"Not long ago, the BSP had announced its so-called
clean-up drive to rid the party of tainted leaders. We knew it
was an eye-wash," UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi told
Joshi came down heavily on explanation offered by the BSP
surpemo that people with tainted background had been reformed
after joining her party and hence there was no need for any
"In 15 days, we will be preparing a list of tainted
leaders who have been occupying prominent positions in the
ruling BSP or the Mayawati government", she said.
"We will press the demand for the removal of such
leaders", the UPCC president said.
Joshi also took a dig at Mayawati`s recent declaration of
assets wherein her total wealth was stated to be more than Rs
80 crore and asked "what is the secret behind the
extraordinary rate at which the UP CM has been growing
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!