Cong told to expose BJP rumour-mongering in coal issue
Lucknow: To counter BJP`s attack on the coal block allocation issue, senior Congress leaders today asked party workers to fan out in their respective areas and apprise the common man of the reality to expose the main opposition.
AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh and Union minister Ghulam Nabi Azad held a meeting of district and city presidents, PCC and AICC members and all party MLAs in the state and explained to them the details of the coal allocation issue.
Charging BJP with spreading rumours to malign Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the central government, they asked party leaders and workers to reach out to the people to defeat the designs of the saffron party.
Senior leaders, including PCC chief Nirmal Khatri were also present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional