Cong workers jump before Rahul`s cavalcade
Lucknow: Protesting against alleged
discrepancies in distribution of tickets for the upcoming
Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls, a group of Congressmen on Tuesday jumped in front of Rahul Gandhi`s cavalcade at Amausi airport.
The incident took place when the Congress general
secretary, who is on a five-day tour of the state, was leaving
the airport for Barabanki, party sources said.
However, alert security men set them aside, they said.
Later, talking to reporters, one of the protesters Mehndi
Hasan, said they wanted to meet Rahul to protest denial of
ticket to Subodh Srivastava from Lucknow central seat.
He said the ticket was given to Fakhir Siddiqui, who had
recently joined Congress after he was sacked from BSP. Senior
leaders had assured them that their meeting with Rahul would
be fixed but it was not done, he claimed.
During the tour, Rahul will visit Barabanki, Bahraich,
Shravasti, Siddharth Nagar and Kushinagar and meet party
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH