Congress` 4.5% quota election gimmick: SP
Rampur (UP): Samajwadi Party on Thursday termed
Congress` 4.5 per cent sub-quota for minorities as an
"The quota within OBC quota policy is only an election
gimmick as Congress is against Muslims," party general
secretary Azam Khan told reporters here.
Hitting out at Congress for the Batla house encounter,
he said it was clear after party leader Digvijay Singh`s
statement that "innocent students were gunned down in the fake
Singh had said in Azamgarh yesterday that he always
believed that Batla House encounter was fake and had tried to
get government and the Home Ministry to investigate the matter
but could not succeed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet