Congress accused of neglecting grassroot workers
Lakhimpur Kheri: Ahead of the crucial
Assembly election in Uttar Pradesh, a state Congress leader from Lakhimpur Kheri district Monday resigned from the party membership accusing Union Minister Jitin Prasada of neglecting
grassroot level workers and protecting dubious persons.
Tendering his resignation, former UPCC general secretary Anand Mohan Trivedi alleged, "Prasada has humiliated dedicated
Congressmen and always promoted the corrupt, the touts and the
"Those who have been given party tickets in Gola, Kasta,
Srinagar and Pallia assembly segments were not even in Congress during the last LS polls," he said, accusing the party high command of neglecting committed workers while awarding tickets for the forthcoming Assembly polls.
Trivedi also alleged misappropriation of funds allocated
by the Centre for flood relief in Dhaurehra, the parliamentary
constituency represented by Prasada.
Meanwhile, Congress leaders described Trivedi`s allegations as baseless and absurd emanating from frustration.
District Congress Committee chief Iqbal Ahmad said,
"Trivedi was demanding ticket for himself, however, when he
was denied, he resorted to baseless allegations."
"It was Prasada himself who had demanded a high-level
probe into the flood relief works in Dhaurehra tehsil a few
months back," the minister`s spokesman Ramendra Janwar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda