Congress, BJP hit out at Samajwadi Party over Saifai festival
New Delhi: The BJP and Congress on Thursday slammed the Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh for holding celebrations at party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav`s native village of Saifai while the victims of the Muzaffarnagar riots reportedly suffer under adverse weather conditions at relief camps in the state.
"The media has highlighted how, when the relief camps are still in want of a lot of help and people struggle in the extreme cold, you find that the ruling party of UP...is holding celebrations for two-three days in the native village of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She demanded that SP speak up on the issue.
Congress, meanwhile, charged that SP was lacking in sensitivity.
"SP has got its own way of working and sensitivity, of course, is missing in this case. Had the UP government been vigilant, these riots would not have taken place. At this time, they are having these Bollywood shows at Saifai for a long time and probably they feel it is a great event for them," said Congress general secretary, Digvijay Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India