Congress cadres to hit streets in UP
Lucknow: In its attempt to reach out to masses, the Congress will take out `padyatras` in Uttar Pradesh from December 9 to January 25.
The march, which will start on December 9, on the birthday of party president Sonia Gandhi, would be an attempt of the party to hold a direct dialogue with the common people on various welfare schemes of the Union government and raging issues like FDI and take their feedback.
"The party would take out padyatras to hold a direct dialogue over various welfare schemes of the Union government and other issues like FDI and apprise them with the party`s view as well as take stock of the ground realities of the central schemes," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri was quoted as saying in a party release here.
The `padyara` programme would start from Deva Sharief in Barabanki with Khatri and PL Punia (MP) paying obeisance at the shrine of the Sufi saint.
Zonal chiefs and deputy chiefs would participate for at least a day in the `padyatras` in the districts, he said adding that later the district units would chalkout a detailed plan of the yatra at the block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test