Congress cadres to hit streets in UP
Lucknow: In its attempt to reach out to masses, the Congress will take out `padyatras` in Uttar Pradesh from December 9 to January 25.
The march, which will start on December 9, on the birthday of party president Sonia Gandhi, would be an attempt of the party to hold a direct dialogue with the common people on various welfare schemes of the Union government and raging issues like FDI and take their feedback.
"The party would take out padyatras to hold a direct dialogue over various welfare schemes of the Union government and other issues like FDI and apprise them with the party`s view as well as take stock of the ground realities of the central schemes," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri was quoted as saying in a party release here.
The `padyara` programme would start from Deva Sharief in Barabanki with Khatri and PL Punia (MP) paying obeisance at the shrine of the Sufi saint.
Zonal chiefs and deputy chiefs would participate for at least a day in the `padyatras` in the districts, he said adding that later the district units would chalkout a detailed plan of the yatra at the block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics