Congress cadres to hit streets in UP
Lucknow: In its attempt to reach out to masses, the Congress will take out `padyatras` in Uttar Pradesh from December 9 to January 25.
The march, which will start on December 9, on the birthday of party president Sonia Gandhi, would be an attempt of the party to hold a direct dialogue with the common people on various welfare schemes of the Union government and raging issues like FDI and take their feedback.
"The party would take out padyatras to hold a direct dialogue over various welfare schemes of the Union government and other issues like FDI and apprise them with the party`s view as well as take stock of the ground realities of the central schemes," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri was quoted as saying in a party release here.
The `padyara` programme would start from Deva Sharief in Barabanki with Khatri and PL Punia (MP) paying obeisance at the shrine of the Sufi saint.
Zonal chiefs and deputy chiefs would participate for at least a day in the `padyatras` in the districts, he said adding that later the district units would chalkout a detailed plan of the yatra at the block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Kejriwal to visit Goa again next month
- Myanmar census data undercuts Buddhist hardliner claims
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video