Congress cadres to hit streets in UP
Lucknow: In its attempt to reach out to masses, the Congress will take out `padyatras` in Uttar Pradesh from December 9 to January 25.
The march, which will start on December 9, on the birthday of party president Sonia Gandhi, would be an attempt of the party to hold a direct dialogue with the common people on various welfare schemes of the Union government and raging issues like FDI and take their feedback.
"The party would take out padyatras to hold a direct dialogue over various welfare schemes of the Union government and other issues like FDI and apprise them with the party`s view as well as take stock of the ground realities of the central schemes," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri was quoted as saying in a party release here.
The `padyara` programme would start from Deva Sharief in Barabanki with Khatri and PL Punia (MP) paying obeisance at the shrine of the Sufi saint.
Zonal chiefs and deputy chiefs would participate for at least a day in the `padyatras` in the districts, he said adding that later the district units would chalkout a detailed plan of the yatra at the block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning