Congress cadres to hit streets in UP
Lucknow: In its attempt to reach out to masses, the Congress will take out `padyatras` in Uttar Pradesh from December 9 to January 25.
The march, which will start on December 9, on the birthday of party president Sonia Gandhi, would be an attempt of the party to hold a direct dialogue with the common people on various welfare schemes of the Union government and raging issues like FDI and take their feedback.
"The party would take out padyatras to hold a direct dialogue over various welfare schemes of the Union government and other issues like FDI and apprise them with the party`s view as well as take stock of the ground realities of the central schemes," UPCC president Nirmal Khatri was quoted as saying in a party release here.
The `padyara` programme would start from Deva Sharief in Barabanki with Khatri and PL Punia (MP) paying obeisance at the shrine of the Sufi saint.
Zonal chiefs and deputy chiefs would participate for at least a day in the `padyatras` in the districts, he said adding that later the district units would chalkout a detailed plan of the yatra at the block level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers