Congress candidate held in property case
Etawah: The Congress nominee from Jaswantnagar seat was on Saturday arrested and produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here after he failed to appear before it in connection with a property case.
Ajay Yadav, son of late union minister Balram Singh Yadav, was issued non-bailable warrants after he failed to appear before the court on January 23 in connection with a property case filed by his brother Anil Yadav against him and
police had been looking for him since then.
Yadav was produced before the court which allowed him to file his nomination papers in police custody. He has also moved the court for bail.
Shivpal Singh Yadav, leader of the Opposition in the UP Assembly and younger brother of SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav is seeking re-election from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city