Congress candidate held in property case
Etawah: The Congress nominee from Jaswantnagar seat was on Saturday arrested and produced before the Chief Judicial Magistrate court here after he failed to appear before it in connection with a property case.
Ajay Yadav, son of late union minister Balram Singh Yadav, was issued non-bailable warrants after he failed to appear before the court on January 23 in connection with a property case filed by his brother Anil Yadav against him and
police had been looking for him since then.
Yadav was produced before the court which allowed him to file his nomination papers in police custody. He has also moved the court for bail.
Shivpal Singh Yadav, leader of the Opposition in the UP Assembly and younger brother of SP president Mulayam Singh Yadav is seeking re-election from the seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you