Congress hails EC move to drape statues of Maya
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday hailed the Election Commission`s decision to cover the statues of Chief Minister Mayawati and her party symbol-- the elephant-- installed at a number of places in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh.
Welcoming the EC`s decision, party spokesman Abhishek
Singhvi told reporters it is the job of the Election
Commission to take appropriate steps in appropriate
circumstances to ensure level playing field in the elections.
The remarks came close on the heels of the announcement
by the Chief Election Commissioner S Y Quraishi that the
Commission has decided that statues of the CM and BSP symbol--
the elephant-- will be draped until the completion of the
Assembly poll process so that no one gets any political
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video