‘Congress is demon king Ravana’
New Delhi: As the political scenario heats up before the Assembly Elections in Uttar Pradesh, Janata Dal-United (JD-U) president Sharad Yadav has mockingly compared the Congress party with 10-headed Hindu demon king Ravana.
"The Congress party is doing wonders, I had learnt from the Ramayana that the Ravana had 10 heads but now one cannot count the faces of the Congress party. There is no consensus between the government and its leaders. What can you say in such a situation? It is only restlessness due to which they are raising this issue only now," Yadav told the media here on Friday.
Yadav also slammed the Congress party of playing divisive politics by its recent declaration of increasing reservation for Muslims by nine percent.
"This move of the Congress party is such a waste; it is simply poll oriented. It is the job of the Backward Classes Commission to deal with this issue depending upon their survey of ten years; so their decision of nine percent reservation to Muslims is all farce, and I don`t think this deserves any comment," he said.
On Monday, Khurshid had promised to raise reservation as against the existing quota of 4.5 percent reserved for groups bracketed under other backward classes, if his party is elected to Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections.
Following the statement by Khurshid, the BJP has been criticising the Congress party for such assurances of increase in Muslim reservation right ahead of the polls.
Further slamming other parties, he said that the political parties don`t have an iota of issues concerning the people of Uttar Pradesh unlike the JD-U that has been working in almost all parts of the state.
"Be it law and order situation or developmental work, everything is in a bad condition and now the other political outfits like Samajwadi Party (SP), Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) are trying to woo voters by raising such issues which hold no relevance for people of the state," said Yadav.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'