Congress leader booked under Gangster Act in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A case under Gangster Act
was registered Wednesday against a Congress leader for his alleged
involvement in several criminal cases, a senior police
Rajvir Singh, former Uttar Pradesh Congress General
Secretary, was arrested for landing his helicopter without
permission and later misbehaving with the police when they
tried to prevent him at Roorkie on January 27, 2011. The
leader has now also been booked under Gangster act,
Superintendent of Police (city) K B Singh said.
The bail plea of the accused has also been rejected by
the district magistrate of Roorkie, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister