Congress leaders joins BJP in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: Giving a jolt to local Congress ahead of Lok Sabha elections, two of its senior leaders here today joined BJP along with their supporters.
Four-time Congress MLA Sukhbir Singh Gehlot and Hatam Singh Nagar, who was General Secretary for 15 years of the state unit, joined BJP at the residence of the party`s National President Rajnath Singh.
Welcoming them, Singh said the party will now become strong in Dhaulana and Modinagar constituencies.
Apart from Gehlot and Nagar, former Youth Congress General Secretary Virendra Kumar Munna, Congress leader Vivek Gehlot, former NSUI President Bharat Bhati, district Congress Vice President Ram Avtar and others also joined the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh