Congress MLA claims threat from UP minister
Lucknow: Congress MLA Vivek Kumar Singh Tuesday sought a `Y` category security, claiming a threat to his life
from a Cabinet minister in the BSP government.
"I have threat to my life from Cabinet minister
Naseemuddin Siddqui, whose corrupt practices I have been
highlighting," Singh, an MLA from Banda, said in a letter to
Legislative Assembly Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar.
Singh, whose wife recently got a letter declaring him
`dead` and seeking his death certificate for disposal of his
pension by Uttar Pradesh Secretariat, also demanded an inquiry
into the matter by the Speaker.
"The way in which I got the letter, after which I had
to clarify that I am alive shows a conspiracy against me. I
want you to probe the matter," the letter said.
"I have raised issue of the rape case of a backward girl
and the fight for justice of the victim and since then the
police administration has become my foe," he said.
The MLA`s wife Manjla Singh got a letter signed by Dinesh
Chandra Awasthi, Special Secretary and Finance Controller,
Legislative Assembly Secretariat on March 4, seeking his death
certificate, issued by competent authority for disbursement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened