Congress MLA claims threat from UP minister
Lucknow: Congress MLA Vivek Kumar Singh Tuesday sought a `Y` category security, claiming a threat to his life
from a Cabinet minister in the BSP government.
"I have threat to my life from Cabinet minister
Naseemuddin Siddqui, whose corrupt practices I have been
highlighting," Singh, an MLA from Banda, said in a letter to
Legislative Assembly Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar.
Singh, whose wife recently got a letter declaring him
`dead` and seeking his death certificate for disposal of his
pension by Uttar Pradesh Secretariat, also demanded an inquiry
into the matter by the Speaker.
"The way in which I got the letter, after which I had
to clarify that I am alive shows a conspiracy against me. I
want you to probe the matter," the letter said.
"I have raised issue of the rape case of a backward girl
and the fight for justice of the victim and since then the
police administration has become my foe," he said.
The MLA`s wife Manjla Singh got a letter signed by Dinesh
Chandra Awasthi, Special Secretary and Finance Controller,
Legislative Assembly Secretariat on March 4, seeking his death
certificate, issued by competent authority for disbursement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark