Congress MLA claims threat from UP minister
Lucknow: Congress MLA Vivek Kumar Singh Tuesday sought a `Y` category security, claiming a threat to his life
from a Cabinet minister in the BSP government.
"I have threat to my life from Cabinet minister
Naseemuddin Siddqui, whose corrupt practices I have been
highlighting," Singh, an MLA from Banda, said in a letter to
Legislative Assembly Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar.
Singh, whose wife recently got a letter declaring him
`dead` and seeking his death certificate for disposal of his
pension by Uttar Pradesh Secretariat, also demanded an inquiry
into the matter by the Speaker.
"The way in which I got the letter, after which I had
to clarify that I am alive shows a conspiracy against me. I
want you to probe the matter," the letter said.
"I have raised issue of the rape case of a backward girl
and the fight for justice of the victim and since then the
police administration has become my foe," he said.
The MLA`s wife Manjla Singh got a letter signed by Dinesh
Chandra Awasthi, Special Secretary and Finance Controller,
Legislative Assembly Secretariat on March 4, seeking his death
certificate, issued by competent authority for disbursement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents