Congress MLA claims threat from UP minister
Lucknow: Congress MLA Vivek Kumar Singh Tuesday sought a `Y` category security, claiming a threat to his life
from a Cabinet minister in the BSP government.
"I have threat to my life from Cabinet minister
Naseemuddin Siddqui, whose corrupt practices I have been
highlighting," Singh, an MLA from Banda, said in a letter to
Legislative Assembly Speaker Sukhdev Rajbhar.
Singh, whose wife recently got a letter declaring him
`dead` and seeking his death certificate for disposal of his
pension by Uttar Pradesh Secretariat, also demanded an inquiry
into the matter by the Speaker.
"The way in which I got the letter, after which I had
to clarify that I am alive shows a conspiracy against me. I
want you to probe the matter," the letter said.
"I have raised issue of the rape case of a backward girl
and the fight for justice of the victim and since then the
police administration has become my foe," he said.
The MLA`s wife Manjla Singh got a letter signed by Dinesh
Chandra Awasthi, Special Secretary and Finance Controller,
Legislative Assembly Secretariat on March 4, seeking his death
certificate, issued by competent authority for disbursement of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media