Congress office in Lucknow vandalised
Lucknow: A group of 250-300 people here Friday attacked the Uttar Pradesh headquarters of the Congress, police said.
The mob, carrying flags and banners of "Bundelkhand Adhikar Sena", first raised slogans against the Congress outside the party office in Mall Avenue area and then barged into the premises.
They attacked Congress workers and vandalised the office. Furniture and flower pots were broken, and cars and two-wheelers were damaged.
Among those who were roughed up was party leader Dwijendra Tripathi.
Party spokesman Rajiv Tyagi said the party workers were unable to figure out why the attack took place.
He said that Bundelkhand received a multi-crore-rupee package at the behest of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, and the attack appeared to have been plotted by political adversaries.
A probe has been ordered into the incident and a report sent to the Election Commission, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- North Korea floats propaganda leaflets in river for 1st time
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested