Congress office in Lucknow vandalised
Lucknow: A group of 250-300 people here Friday attacked the Uttar Pradesh headquarters of the Congress, police said.
The mob, carrying flags and banners of "Bundelkhand Adhikar Sena", first raised slogans against the Congress outside the party office in Mall Avenue area and then barged into the premises.
They attacked Congress workers and vandalised the office. Furniture and flower pots were broken, and cars and two-wheelers were damaged.
Among those who were roughed up was party leader Dwijendra Tripathi.
Party spokesman Rajiv Tyagi said the party workers were unable to figure out why the attack took place.
He said that Bundelkhand received a multi-crore-rupee package at the behest of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, and the attack appeared to have been plotted by political adversaries.
A probe has been ordered into the incident and a report sent to the Election Commission, an official said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today