Congress office in Lucknow vandalised
Lucknow: A group of 250-300 people here Friday attacked the Uttar Pradesh headquarters of the Congress, police said.
The mob, carrying flags and banners of "Bundelkhand Adhikar Sena", first raised slogans against the Congress outside the party office in Mall Avenue area and then barged into the premises.
They attacked Congress workers and vandalised the office. Furniture and flower pots were broken, and cars and two-wheelers were damaged.
Among those who were roughed up was party leader Dwijendra Tripathi.
Party spokesman Rajiv Tyagi said the party workers were unable to figure out why the attack took place.
He said that Bundelkhand received a multi-crore-rupee package at the behest of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, and the attack appeared to have been plotted by political adversaries.
A probe has been ordered into the incident and a report sent to the Election Commission, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday