Congress office in Lucknow vandalised
Lucknow: A group of 250-300 people here Friday attacked the Uttar Pradesh headquarters of the Congress, police said.
The mob, carrying flags and banners of "Bundelkhand Adhikar Sena", first raised slogans against the Congress outside the party office in Mall Avenue area and then barged into the premises.
They attacked Congress workers and vandalised the office. Furniture and flower pots were broken, and cars and two-wheelers were damaged.
Among those who were roughed up was party leader Dwijendra Tripathi.
Party spokesman Rajiv Tyagi said the party workers were unable to figure out why the attack took place.
He said that Bundelkhand received a multi-crore-rupee package at the behest of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, and the attack appeared to have been plotted by political adversaries.
A probe has been ordered into the incident and a report sent to the Election Commission, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3