Congress office in Lucknow vandalised
Lucknow: A group of 250-300 people here Friday attacked the Uttar Pradesh headquarters of the Congress, police said.
The mob, carrying flags and banners of "Bundelkhand Adhikar Sena", first raised slogans against the Congress outside the party office in Mall Avenue area and then barged into the premises.
They attacked Congress workers and vandalised the office. Furniture and flower pots were broken, and cars and two-wheelers were damaged.
Among those who were roughed up was party leader Dwijendra Tripathi.
Party spokesman Rajiv Tyagi said the party workers were unable to figure out why the attack took place.
He said that Bundelkhand received a multi-crore-rupee package at the behest of party vice president Rahul Gandhi, and the attack appeared to have been plotted by political adversaries.
A probe has been ordered into the incident and a report sent to the Election Commission, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round
- Rio Olympics 2016: Five Indian athletes who redefined 'woman power'
- Govt wants unions to reconsider their strike plan