Congress refuses to comment on Vishwas` claim on Dalit woman
New Delhi: Congress on Monday refused to comment on AAP leader Kumar Vishwas` remark that the fortunes of a Dalit woman, whom Rahul Gandhi visited in 2008, have not changed.
"I will not comment on who is saying what or who is making whom say something during these election times. This is time for election and he (Vishwas) wants to fight elections," party spokesperson Raj Babbar said.
In his ongoing campaign against Rahul in his bastion, Vishwas today visited the Dalit woman Sunita`s hut in Jawaharpur which the Congress leader had visited and held that her condition had not changed despite that.
Rahul had spent a night on January 26, 2008 and had food there. Vishwas said Sunita`s fortunes have not changed despite the Congress leader`s visit and she was still living a "miserable" life.
He spoke to Sunita about her problems and directed party workers to ensure that she got a roof above her head.
Later, while talking to people, Vishwas said Rs 55,000 crore was reportedly spent on Amethi`s development, which was not visible.
"There is no electricity... There is no water in tubewells, no development in villages... People should take its account from Rahul," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach