Congress refuses to comment on Vishwas` claim on Dalit woman
New Delhi: Congress on Monday refused to comment on AAP leader Kumar Vishwas` remark that the fortunes of a Dalit woman, whom Rahul Gandhi visited in 2008, have not changed.
"I will not comment on who is saying what or who is making whom say something during these election times. This is time for election and he (Vishwas) wants to fight elections," party spokesperson Raj Babbar said.
In his ongoing campaign against Rahul in his bastion, Vishwas today visited the Dalit woman Sunita`s hut in Jawaharpur which the Congress leader had visited and held that her condition had not changed despite that.
Rahul had spent a night on January 26, 2008 and had food there. Vishwas said Sunita`s fortunes have not changed despite the Congress leader`s visit and she was still living a "miserable" life.
He spoke to Sunita about her problems and directed party workers to ensure that she got a roof above her head.
Later, while talking to people, Vishwas said Rs 55,000 crore was reportedly spent on Amethi`s development, which was not visible.
"There is no electricity... There is no water in tubewells, no development in villages... People should take its account from Rahul," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed