Congress releases ‘Vision Document’ for UP
Lucknow: With an aim to foster growth and development in politically crucial state of Uttar Pradesh, the Congress on Friday released its "Vision Document 2020", laying special emphasis on sectors like education, employment and economy.
Unveiling the road map for growth, Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid said, “Congress party is releasing the Vision Document 2020 prepared under the able guidance of party chief Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi for the all round development of Uttar Pradesh with an special focus on generating more employment opportunities and improving the law and order situation here.”
Speaking to reporters, Khurshid said, “Congress party aims at creating 20 lakh jobs in the next five years and for that special training institutes will be set up across the state.”
Assuring a Rs 3000 crore relief package for state’s weavers, Khurshid said, “Social justice remains our main focus.”
Referring to the recent controversy over sub-quota for minorities, the Congress leader said, “Existing reservation policy needs to be addressed, " adding, "We have promised 50% reservation for women’s at the panchayat levels. ”
Congress vision document also promises to bring a new land acquisition policy and introduce metro rail in major UP cities.”
The document, which was released from ten different cities, focuses on nine main points and has enlisted very ambitious plans like setting up 1000 skill development centres to
provide jobs to to 20 lakh unemployed youths and amendments in
law to check the persecution of females.
Another key plan is to provide electricity to the farmers in day time for agriculuture and in the night for
The Vision Document targeting "Nav UP, Nav Vikas (new Uttar Pradesh, new development)” encapsulating party`s plans for the state, also talks about reviving the traditional
industries of the state by infusing new technology and
providing the needed financial support.
The nine focus areas of the document with the punchline
of "Justice, Development and Right (Nyaya, Vikas aur Adhikar)"
are employment, agriculture, education, health, women
empowerment, empowerment of weaker sections including most
backward classes, minorities and SCs STs.
The document is an attempt by Congress to convince the
electorate of its intention to bring about a change in the
state, which had been ruled for more than two decades by BJP,
SP and BSP.
Through the document, Congress has also laid out out
special development plans for regions like Bundelkhand in a
bid to blunt Mayawati`s attempt to woo voters through the
proposal of creating four separate states out of UP.
It was released today in Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Lucknow,
Allahabad, Kanpur, Jhansi, Agra, Meerut, Shahjahanpur and
Moradabad by a host of leaders including Union Ministers Kapil
Sibal, Salman Khurshid, Sriprakash Jaiswal, Rajiv Shukla,
Meenakshi Natarjan, Jitendra Singh, Rajiv Shukla, Delhi Chief
Minister Shiela Dikshit and Prime Minister`s Advisor on
Innovation Sam Pitroda.
Congress` election manifesto will be released later.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe